Friday, February 19, 2016

My latest obsession, Refrigerator Magnet Sentiments





I am so proud of the fact that I have the ability and the desire to use many things that others would discard. My ultimate goal is to make something useful and pretty. I have spent a great deal of my spare time during the cold, nasty days of Winter, many of which kept me inside, not my most favorite place to be, doing something I thoroughly enjoy. I can't really say what I do is card making. I know that has become a big thing in crafting today. Card making for many, means hundreds of dollars spent on fancy modern supplies, but that is not my way. My goal has always been to use recycled or reclaimed materials. I have made, in my opinion, many beautiful cards, tags, and my latest passion, refrigerator magnets, using only recycled and reclaimed supplies. That, I feel, is my trademark, but I must now confess. I have ordered a very few fancy tools from the Master Crafter herself. Most of my creations are still being made in the same manner, but I have now added a paper butterfly and paper lace to some of them. I am having so much fun creating my little works of art. I find it to be a very peaceful and calming hobby. I do a lot of searching through my mountains of supplies to find just the right embellishment, but a little more exercise is good, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment