Tuesday, January 31, 2012

My Thread Storage Box


It seems I find a spool of thread at every turn. I try to keep them all in one place, but try as I may,they seem to turn up everywhere.I have started out with many different containers for my sewing notions, only to have each one to eventually overflow.Since I love fabric, and I love boxes, I decided to cover a box in pretty fabric for storing my many spools of thread. I pick up spools of thread at yard sales and consignment stores. When and where ever I find them at a bargain.I can always use thread in my business of crafting.


I started out with a good sized box and covered it, inside and out, with pretty fabric.Something I can identify quickly amongst my many boxes,stacked on shelves, in my crafting room.I have used those store bought plastic bins forever, but they have never really appealed to me like the pretty fabric covered boxes that I make myself

I added this little touch at the last minute. This way I am using my pretty pieces of fabric, my cut out letters, which I love so well.If you remember, these are the letters given to me by my sister,Vicki, of My Favorite Things, some 30 years ago.I used them for 20 years on my bulletin boards when I worked for the school cafeteria. One of my favorite tasks there was changing the multiple bulletin boards,on my cafeteria walls. Now that was such fun.The storage box has turned out nicely,and I am so pleased with the finished product.It is such a shame that it must be stored away,down in the craft room, stuck upon a shelf amongst all the other boxes. I am so proud of it now, I may deliberately forget to put it away when I'm finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment