Thursday, November 22, 2012

Duty Calls




There has been a lot going on in my life for the last few weeks, so I have not been posting. I do miss blogging, but when Duty Calls, we must respond.Mom has gotten a lot worse with her Alzheimer's disease,so we sisters are having to spend a lot more time with her. It is not safe to leave her alone any longer.Someone must be with her around the clock.

Pop lost a sister and we have been working on a Benefit Auction to help the family with the funeral expenses. Between these two obligations, there's little time for much else.

Today being Thanksgiving, Mom spent a couple of days and nights with other siblings. Mary and Vicki were having several other family members in to share their Big Day, so it was nice that Mom was up to being part of their day.It does her good to spend time with some of the other children who are not as much in the loop of caring for her as Rita and I have been.Rita was freed up to have Thanksgiving with her children and Pop and I got to spend time with some of his family.We stayed later than usual, over at the home of the son who had just lost his Mother. I'm sure it was comforting to the entire family, to have their Mother's one remaining sister and two brothers, plus numerous cousins, around them for the holiday.We had a nice meal with everyone bringing in a dish or two, then they all gathered around for a game of Cornhole,followed by an hour or two of watching home movies.A really nice day.

This picture above is one of my latest projects. This is one of my favorite things to do. Match up different articles and colors and put together an appealing gift package.These two colors make up one of my most favorite combinations.I think it evokes thoughts of Peaches and Cream.This particular set includes two mug rugs,a coffee mug with a Mother's verse,a pencil holder,a dish washing cloth,a wall hanging with a nice verse, and a catch-all tray to match. I think I would appreciate a gift like this,so hopefully, others will,too.

I have been compiling a few of these types of gift boxes for the auction, and I am enjoying that tremendously.It is very calming to me to work on these types of things. It takes my mind off of my problems better than anything else I could do.It's great therapy.

No comments:

Post a Comment