Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Mom is at Peace....



We took Mom to her final resting place,by Dad's side, on March 15, 2013. She passed away on the 12th which was my Grandfather's birthday. Hopefully, before long, I will be able to get back in the normal swing of things, although right now it seems things may never be back to normal again.Mom was a big part of my life, and it will be awhile before I get over missing her.There was hardly a day go by, during the last twelve years, that I did not call or visit her. My sister, Rita, and I were by her side the last two months of her life.Watching her slowly drift away was the hardest thing I have ever done in my lifetime. I was in and out while helping with Dad,during his last few weeks, but I was still working back then, and could not be there as much as I would have liked, but with Mom, I am now retired, so I was able to stay with her, around the clock, when it was necessary.With only two of us sisters working with Mom, it got very rough at times, but when you love someone as we did our Mother, the rest of your life can wait.Thank God we have understanding husbands and children. They understood that we had to do what we were doing, and they supported us in every way they could. 

No comments:

Post a Comment