Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Coconut Oil


I have been doing a bit of research lately about coconut oil. This is not the first time I have read and decided to try it. The research done by some, have found it to improve and/or diminish  the problems caused by dementia and Alzheimer's disease. I know it is all in the early stages of discovering what will or will not help, but I am willing to try this simple additive. I know from previous reading that there are good oils and there are bad oils where our health is concerned, but they seem to be finding, that by eliminating coconut oil completely, we are loosing out on a very important substance that is required for the brain to function properly. Maybe they don't know all there is to know at this point, but am willing to try to help myself by using this oil now and then in various ways. I used it today on a salad, in combination with my usual dressing, and never even knew it was there. No distinct taste was detected. Hopefully I will be able to find many ways to add at least a tablespoon to my meals daily.I am not expecting overnight results, but hopefully,in the long run,I will see results.  Only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment