Monday, April 23, 2012

Planning a New Day

I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day.
E. B. White

Just another verse that caught my eye,while working with my quotes today.It's still really cold outside, so I decided to take advantage of it, and plan my day around the weather.I will simply work on some small projects indoors. I pulled out a few, but could not settle in on which to do first.I am still accumulating the many ideas for filling my little gift bags. I am trying to stay the course on that plan.That in itself is a real feat for me.I spent a small portion of the day, typing up more of the little quotes.

 I used a similar idea, back a few years ago when I was crocheting my tiny little baskets. They were in white thread, with a pink ribbon laced through the handle,a tiny pink rose glued to the side, and a friendship related verse,typed and matted, and tied to the handle.Not being a salesperson, I ended up giving them all away to friends. This little sample made it through the house fire of 07, so it's not in the greatest shape, but you can see how I used the quotes here.The quotes I am making at present, can be used in any similar manner.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
That was Sunday, so today I have started on a few different projects. I have so many.The one project I hope  to complete soon is a face board for my bathroom shelves.I like the open shelf, but it makes the bathroom look so cluttered with all of the bottles of cleaners,etc. exposed.I added the little white shelf this past year and it was a welcome addition. More usable storage space.
Now I want to enclose it some how.by myself,of course,something simple and pretty.I was working on a wall hanging sign here lately, and that gave me a idea for the door for the shelf.The letters on the sign were done freehand, so they are not as straight as my next one will be,I hope, but I love the finished project.That's how I'd like to fix my door for my shelf.We'll see how that idea turns out in a day or two.





1 comment:

  1. I'm sure whomever receives those little gifts will love them. :)

    ReplyDelete