Saturday, April 21, 2012

Which one are you?



"Somebody has said there are only two kinds of people in the world. There are those who wake up in the morning and say, "Good morning, Lord," and there are those who wake up in the morning and say, "Good Lord, it's morning."

This passage came to me in an email this morning, and I felt it would fit nicely in my post for today.

I jump out of bed most mornings, before Pop , but feel I must be as quiet as humanly possible, as not to awaken him. I usually occupy myself with small projects during that time.That is never hard for me to do. There are so many things I love to do,I awaken daily with something on my mind that I am eager to get started. I'll tend to push small projects aside, thinking I don't have time for that tiny, sit down project right then.I'll do it later.I have always thought it might be my nerves that won't allow me to sit and do these small projects, only when I am forced to sit quietly.Like in this case or waiting in a doctor's office,or in a restaurant,etc. I can't sit idle.I feel I must be moving at all times.Well, most of the time. There are a few times when,I am comfortable, just sitting and doing nothing,but those moments are few.I notice the quiet,at ease moments in my life come more when I am with my immediate family,namely my Mother and my sisters,but even then,at times,I have trouble relaxing.Go figure!

The two little projects, pictured above,kept me occupied this morning. I hate to discard anything. I found a small piece of patchwork fabric someone had assembled,most likely in a bag of scraps,donated by friends or family, that I dearly love.It caught my eye immediately. The colors especially. The color of anything,will get my attention quickly.This little piece of patchwork was so pretty, I wanted to make something useful with it.You know me.It has to be useful. I had a small pin cushion heart that I made years ago,from someone's dear departed Grandmother's old quilt, that I dearly love, so that's what I decided to make with this piece of patchwork.I had enough for four little hearts. I can hardly wait to get them finished. I hope they please me as much as the patchwork piece of fabric and the original pin cushion.The other quiet time project was cutting strips of an old tee shirt for rug making or hot pads.I have so many clothes, I have been trying desperately to thin things down, and since this tee was not good enough to pass along to the church closet, what better plan to use it up. Pop would have used it as a grease rag, but even that pains me to see him use good fabric for such.He has friends who bring him plenty of rags for that purpose.

I will most likely be spending my day indoors, crafting, since we had an all night,desperately needed slow rain shower.This type of rain shower was truly a blessing. Crops and all were getting really dry,especially for this time of the season,and hopefully, my two newly planted Dogwood trees will surely survive now.

 Have a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment