Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Fall and Gift Jar Toppers

Fall is such a beautiful time of the year. Some flowers take a second growth, after the long hot dry year we have had this summer, and others are showing their beautiful faces for the first time.

The huge aster bushes are finally filling out with thousands of tiny violet colored daisy like flowers. They are one of my favorite flowers. I think they bring back memories of the peaceful times of my Grandmother's day. The aster has been a mainstay in many a yard, especially in the yards of the older generations. I have given starts to lots of folks in the past 40+ years.It is definitely one of the highlights of my Fall flower gardens. Hopefully, by another year, I can start several new plants all around our new property.

With the cooler days of Fall upon us,I tend to busy myself a bit more with indoor crafts.I spent a day in the shop last week cutting and sanding tiny pieces of wood for making more pumpkins for my Fall crafts, but Christmas is drawing near, so some of my thoughts are definitely on that,too.

One of the things I have been making for the Christmas Holidays is the little jar topper which I have come to love.I found one at a consignment shop, and that gave me the idea to try one for myself. I didn't use that particular pattern, but found one I had stashed away, that struck my fancy. I have been making the toppers ever since.I plan to display a few of them in the craft bazaar soon to see how they might sell. Surely, they would make a nice gift,if only to say "I was thinking of you."You could fill a little jar with whatever you choose.Nuts,candy,jams or jellies,money....the list is endless as to what you could use(and they could use the topper to pass a gift along to someone of their choosing).

No comments:

Post a Comment