Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Dirt Bags!



OK! Go ahead! Say it! We're a bunch of Dirt Bags. I don't even try to keep pretty towels and wash cloths. Yes, I dream of having my house all cute and neat. You know the way the cabins look when you go on  vacation. A place for everything, and everything in it's place. Where everything is nice and neat and shiny and new. I even brought home a set of wash cloths from the Pottery Barn a few weekends ago, thinking  "Now,this is the theme for my cottage in my dreams. My Cozy Country Cottage on Black Bear-y Ridge."
I can just see it in my mind.



We spend a lot of time outside. Me,mostly in the dirt and Pop, mostly in the grease. Needless to say, we cannot keep pretty white or pastel linens. We come and go throughout the day, grab a wet cloth and wipe our face and/or hands,and there goes another cloth ruined with the grime.That's why I take a day on occasion and dye the whole lot. Some dark color. That helps a bit.

Mom and Dad lived in a house on St. Simon's Island for many years that  had a direct entry to one of the bathrooms from the outside. I guess it was to wash off the salt and sand from your body when returning from the beach which was only four blocks away. That's what we need here. A bathroom at the main entrance. Pop has a bathroom in his Pouting Room, but it is not handy at all. Maybe that would be another good project for us in the future. We could make a new entrance to Pop's bathroom from the outside and make it more user friendly. I'll put that on my "To Do" list.

No comments:

Post a Comment