Thursday, August 8, 2013

Simple Satisfaction


I love wood and I love painting so one of the things that brings me the most peace, pleasure, and satisfaction is sign painting. I love creating something that brings me peace when I look at it. These little signs do just that. I try to incorporate little quotes and a simple drawing of something that fits the theme.My imagination is not what it use to be. I think it's more from not being used than anything else.I feel the mind is like a wet sponge. As long as you keep using it, it stays nice and soft and pliable, but once you lay it aside and don't use it for awhile, it tends to dry out and become hardened and stiff. I truly believe that's the way our imagination works. You must use it on a regular basis in order to keep it working properly. 

1 comment: