Thursday, April 8, 2010

Bits and Pieces of Another Week

Meemaw's Baby Sissy, Stacey, came by today to help me do a little "catching up".The laundry had gotten out of hand as did the house work, with the yard demanding so much attention these last few days.I cleaned all morning until she could get here to rescue me, then we both tackled everything head on.She stained and varnished the latest set of cabinets for me. I was so thrilled to get that done. I had put the job on hold to do the yard work and I was getting anxious to see it finished.Things are gradually coming together in my basement. It will be a nice place to work this summer when the days get too hot to work outdoors.At least, that is my hope.
We spent some time hauling mulch to put around the edges of some of the flower beds this evening. That makes it so much easier for me when I'm mowing the grass. Not so much time wasted with unnecessary trimming. I'm all for saving time and avoiding the backaches these days. Pop is forever telling me, I do all the yard work for nothing.It's just something I want to do. It's not necessary. And, of course, I totally disagree. Ask anyone who is in the real estate business and they will tell you, landscaping is a big part of a sale on a piece of property. I doubt he would believe them either, so I just continue on doing what I enjoy, working in my yard and my flowers.

All in all, it was a very good day, but still no Purple Martins yet. Six or eight dropped by yesterday and peeked in my gourd houses and my apartment house, but didn't linger long.It's beyond me, why they don't stay. I'll continue to wait and hope a little longer.Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment