Saturday, August 27, 2011

Can You Guess What This Once Was.....


Give up? I was a flip flop.

Somehow,in the last four years, the mate to this shoe was lost,misplaced,or destroyed.Who knows,but by now, if you have followed my blog for any length of time, you know one thing for sure. I HATE WASTE! Sorry, I didn't mean to yell. Blame it on growing up poor or just in my genes. Whatever! I can't change. I hate to throw out anything that could possibly be used in some other way.Well, I have held on to this lone shoe long enough. The mate must be gone forever(or maybe I'll find it in one of my sheds ten years from now).Nevertheless, I no longer need it. I have plenty of every day shoes,as does Pop.

Pop was telling me just this week how you can soak rubber in something to bring back it flexibility.Break fluid or anti freeze,I forget exactly what he said to soak it in. I guess I'll do some more experimenting. At the time, we were discussing my pressure cooker gasket.When I ran across this dried up rubber flip flop, I decided it was time to put his theory to the test. If it works, that'll be great, but if it doesn't, I think the pieces will still work for what I have in mind to do with them.

In the past, I have gone to Michael's and paid dearly for a tiny square of rubber to make my own stamps. I love Stamp-It-Up's products, but with this recession, you gotta do what ya gotta do.So I will be trying my hand once more at making my own rubber stamps. I have played with the idea once before, so I feel I can do it. Only time will tell. Hopefully, I'll use some of them to post something to show soon.

3 comments:

  1. ooh cant wait to see sue. not getting blown around in your neck of the woods?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue-sounds interesting, like Brendie said, can't wait to see.
    Is your sister doing ok? Is she on the coast or inland. My sister is inland, Ashville area. Hope they do ok!
    I'm off to read a few blogs before I get to the canning. Hope your day is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very ingenious recycling, hope the stamp idea works for you. (On first glance I thought the picture was of rubber stamps lol)

    You have a great week!

    ReplyDelete