Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Leah's new shorts are history.



The pair of shorts I had worked so hard on for the Grand daughter,are history. Leah came over this week end and tried them on but they were too small.I can't judge my own size by looking at a garment, I don't know why I thought I could judge for hers. Nevertheless, Leah took them home with her in hopes she could find a friend at school who could wear and appreciate them. I thought they were so cute. I had made a rose from the same pink fabric,for her hair.Maybe I'll try another pair, but have her to try them on first. Similar shorts from Walmart are $7.00. I only paid .50 for the shorts and .50 for 3 fat quarters of the pink fabric.I loved trying to cutsy them up.I may try a few more pairs. There may be a demand for them with little girls in our area.You never know just what will sell these days.Cute, but inexpensive anything is always good.

5 comments:

  1. Yes,I agree. A good solid woman who has all the wonderful qualities our Grandmothers had,is,indeed hard,and almost impossible to find.I think a lot of it has to do with the places one goes to seek out a good moral,worthwhile companion. And,I am hearing it's much the same for finding a good man.I feel for anyone who is widowed at a young age today, and wishes to remarry. Most men,nowadays, want a woman who has a check coming in and will support them.Truthfully,I think it's tit for tat.It just depends on which gender you are. It's much easier to see the faults in the gender you are seeking.If you're a woman and compare notes with other women, you will see a common thread running through all males. I am sure it works both ways.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know Sue, I think I would have deleted that comment.
    Not his place to use your blog as his soap box. Although I did like your retort!

    On to the blog post, the shorts are adoreable, there's a vendor at the farmers market who does something similar.
    I keep telling you.... You have talent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. those shorts are adorable and it gives me a good idea for some of my childrens shorts thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! I use to sew real clothes for my nieces and nephews and kids I baby sat for, when I was younger, but haven't done much of it in years.I haven't heard yet if Leah found a home for the shorts or not,but it was fun putting on the trim and making the matching rose for the headband.

    ReplyDelete
  5. they are super cute sue, im envious of you finding such cheap fabric. it would cost me $5.99 for a fat quarter and you never see them at garage sales or the like.
    Ive seen that first comment before too, reminds me of the attitude one of my nasty clients had to women in general, he was single.....go figure.

    ReplyDelete