Tuesday, May 18, 2010

What Once Was Old,Is Made New Again!


This is not a new idea, but one that crossed my mine again today. I just finished my 2 latest quilts for the great nephews, so my hands were idle, and you know me and idle hands. They don't mix.I had stopped for a break from all my doings, and Pop and Howie were wanting coffee in the "pouting room", so I fixed a pot at the house and took it down to them.Pop always asks me to sit and visit with them a spell, but they spend so much time sitting, it's more than I can stand, so after a few minutes with them,I'll go on with whatever I was doing.Well today, I went down there prepared. I had laid up a serving tray that went through the fire,for a future project.It was a nice tray in the beginning, although it was not real silver.I use a lot of different trays, since we serve so much coffee to company around here.I just like having different trays to use for such. Most of them are usually basket trays, or wood trays, or whatever cute tray I might have picked up at a yard sale for a song. Well, this old tray had been used under a flower pot for a few years, and a hole or 2 had rusted through, but I still felt it was salvageable.I hate to throw anything away, that can be used in any other way. I never think to take a before picture until I'm well into a project, but this tray was ready for the dump. Most folks would not have hesitated to send it on it's way with out a second thought.I cannot bare to part with what has once been mine, no matter how bad it gets. It is a sickness, I have come to realize, but I accept the fact that I have this problem and wish that others could except it, too.I usually end up with several tiny scraps of fabric when I quilt, and I do mean a few, because I don't waste much.I save them for projects such as this. I have used the scraps to decoupage cardboard boxes,wooden boxes,pint jars,and other things,too. I think I have posted several of those projects earlier in my blog.The glue is not quite dry yet, so I won't be using it for a few days, but I am anxious to try it out on the next bunch of coffee drinkers.

No comments:

Post a Comment