Monday, May 3, 2010

You're Never Too Old To Learn

These are a few of the quilts I have made in the last few years.
I usually end up giving them away sooner or later when good friends admire them and appreciate them.
Every now and then I will learn of someone who is in need of a quilt, and I donate one.
Then someone, like my great nephew, falls on a stroke of bad luck,like loosing his favorite blankie, and I just happen to have an extra quilt lying around waiting for a home.

I have admitted several times, that I am not a quilter. I love to dabble with making a quilts , now and then, but I'd rather be doing lots of other things. But the reason I even bring the subject up is, in looking at some of the pictures of some of the quilts I have been making, I wonder just how many quilters out there in blog world, notice how un even my blocks are on some of them. I did.I guess that is why I choose to make crazy type quilts. It doesn't matter if the squares are not lined up perfectly. I think, if I made quilts on a regular basis like most quilters do, I would have learned by now,to line things up a little better, but since most of my quilts go to those who do no quilting at all, they think they are Beautiful.I guess that's the way it is with any craft though. If you don't do that craft yourself, in most cases, you can not tell whether it was done right or not. I just thought it would be a good idea to let others know that I, too, am noticing my mistakes and will try to do a better job as I go along.(I have made a few others, but can't seem to find pictures of them at the moment.)

No comments:

Post a Comment