Friday, September 24, 2010

Here's our typical breakfast foods list,Brendie.

Pop started eating cereal for the first time in our 33 years together, this summer. His cousin works away, and he visits him once in a while.That's where he learned to eat cereal. We have that some,but rarely.We eat oats some,for our cholesterol.Pop is not suppose to have the biscuits, but he cheats a lot and eats them more often than he should. He loves meat, so we have sausage,bacon,fried bologna,or pork tenderloin or country ham at times. We rotate about on the meats. Some times we have only toast and jam, but that is rare, since Pop is not wild about toast. We have eggs quite often, since we have chickens.We are both retired now, so we try to eat a hearty breakfast. We snack at lunch, and eat a very small meal later in the evening.We really eat too much for our age and activity.We are not obese, but we are both rather healthy.I am 5'9" and he is 6'.We both weigh a little over 200 pounds.I don't feel we are that big,since we are both so tall, but doctors say you need to be skin and bones to be healthy. (Sorry, Doc.) We try to loose,but it's nearly impossible to diet and keep your strength up to do your work. At least we haven't had any luck there.If we were getting a grade on our meal plan for each day, we would fail miserably. We eat very few fruits and veggies.Please don't tell Dr. Oz.

5 comments:

  1. sawn - I had to laugh at your last sentence - don't tell Dr Oz - he would die if he knew what I ate. I have been trying to eat up what is in the apartment with moving, and have had pasta for so many meals this past week, I'm about tired of it - just with some salt/pepper/butter - loaded with carbs, and not even whole wheat pasta, but the dreaded regular old white flour pasta. I bought a roasted chicken at Kroger tonight to get some protein in my system for this long night, and just to feel more full and satisfied. I haven't been eating many fruits and veggies either, and I weigh too much for my height, but soon I'll be doing some farm work, so hope to lose a bit. I grew up eating cereal, only on Sundays did we eat bacon and eggs and toast, and my Dad would cook breakfast that day to give my Mom a day off of preparing breakfast. Thanks for visiting my blog today - I always enjoy reading your comments. Take care, from Fayette Co KY - 11:17pm Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A typical breakfast on the weekend here is biskits & gravy with a fried egg thrown in for good measure. I taught my grandson how to make the gravy, he loves to add the herbs.
    We taught him about herbs & he likes to go out & pick them, once they have dried he mixes the different varities into what he calls, Super Nate Spice. It's so cool that he's learning food can be grown, not just something you buy at the market.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha yeah dont tell the doctor, im built the same as oprah...got the bum and thighs and same height and at times same weight, up and down over the years only difference is im white lol. my next post i have some pics of my home made pasta. hi to terry who is following me too now :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My problem is I love to cook and my husband (and I) love to eat. What's a girl to do? Dieting sucks. If you come up with a secret solution to eating well and losing weight -- please be a sweetheart and share, won't you? :) Happy Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i found a u tube video on biscuits, translate ...its a scone lol, something we would have with soup for lunch or with cream on for afternoon snack, and white gravy is white sauce that would go on vegetables at dinner. :)

    ReplyDelete