Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Pumpkin Time!

From this:



To This:



I got this pattern from my Mom a few years ago. We made several for her to use in her Fall Decor. She loves to decorate her yard for any and every occasion.She grew up in South Louisiana, so she is use to things being very lit up.I guess the Mardi Gras celebrations are what comes to my mine, even though I have never been there to see it first hand.I figure that must be part of their culture. With lots of lights and glitter and bright colors everywhere.Mom definitely loves those things.Even in the clothes she wears.She should have been a Rock Star.But back to the little pumpkin...You can probably see just how it was made. Take a short length of a clothes dryer duct works, and cup it around to where you can tie the two ends together with some type of inconspicuous thread or tiny wire.Whatever it takes to tie it securely.You can always cover it with leaves or whatever else you might be using in your arrangement.Then we painted them orange.Added a leaf or two. I made the stems from a piece of corrugated cardboard. The middle layer of cardboard.Dampen the cardboard, and the three layers will separate easily.Let it dry, then cut and roll your stems to suit yourself. I hot glued mine together.One tip when cutting your duct works. Don't cut it too short. Cut one and try it. If it is not long enough to cup around and tie, make your second one a bit longer. If you precut them all,and they are too short, you'll have to come up with another plan on using the shorter pieces.I plan to make a half pumpkin on a board to utilize a couple of my mistakes.Most creative folks will think of some way to use their mistakes.I hate to waste anything.

2 comments: