Thursday, July 28, 2011

I Love Experimenting!

mixing spices

Have I mentioned that I love experimenting?(lately anyway? lol!)
I have accumulated a lot of spices that I never get around to using up,so I got this great idea which I have used many times in the past. I like Nature's Seasoning.We were required to use it in the school lunches when I was working, to cut down on the salt in the children's diets. I came to love it and use it at home on a daily basis. It is a combination of herbs and a little salt and pepper. Once in a while I get the urge to mix several of the spices I have on hand,with my handy dandy spice grinder, and use them in the same way. The taste may not always be the same,since I don't know the ratios they are using, but I try to use some of the same ingredients as they have on their label. I feel that most any combination of herbs would be better than salt. I am sure there are lots of herbs that would not work on certain foods, but I can figure that out as I begin using my home made blend.

No comments:

Post a Comment