Saturday, July 28, 2012

Watermelon Anyone?

Wallah! I have finally finished my Watermelon wall hanging.This little project has been such a joy to make.If you have read my previous posts, you already know what got me started with it.A dingy little paint covered rag that Mom had used to clean her paint brush, which normally would have been tossed in the trash bin.I could see Watermelons when I looked at the little rag, so this is what I ended up with. Now all it needs is a cord to hang it by, and a place to display it. The 3 bowels are some of my collectibles that I keep around just for munchies when we have summer get togethers.

The edging around my wall hanging were not as neat as I would have liked,since it was cut from a towel, so I crocheted several yards of a chain from some type of green jute string,which I had found a bolt of, at a local consignment store.It was the perfect color.I glued it around the border until it was completely filled in to my satisfaction. Then I used a single strand of the jute string to go around the rest of the raw green edges. I may edge the 2 small pieces of melon with red thread to neaten them up a bit, later. I think it really made the picture look much neater with the edges trimmed that way. I kinda felt like an artist, touching up his painting, as I kept tweaking my project. It was a very calming and satisfying feeling, trying to get the project just so so. I want to say perfect, but that would be impossible to achieve, but I am so happy with the finished product.

1 comment:

  1. Wow Sue I think it looks pretty nice.
    And you are an artist, in the needle arts!!!

    I have little bags waiting to be finished, so.... Catch you later.

    ReplyDelete