Thursday, February 23, 2012

My Primitive Endeavors

my primitive grapes 
and a few more of my primitive attempts
I'm not really into Primitive per se, but I do enjoy trying my hand at making a few of the items others are using to decorate. Many of the primitive collectibles are definitely not my taste, but there are a few that I find quite appealing.My decor has no particular label.I simply collect things that I like, regardless of their style.Styles and fads and phases come and go. I'll try a few new things on occasion, but ,most usually, I will go back to my own way of decorating,in the end.Most decorating requires lots of money spent changing from my usual  collection,so I think that's a big part of the reason why I don't get into it.The many fads and phases folks go through cause many to spend money they could better use to survive.Especially with the high cost of necessities today.The security of knowing I can afford to pay the electric bill and put food in our stomachs, is more important.A new decor,pales next to those things.

No comments:

Post a Comment