Monday, April 4, 2011

Seeing is Believing is not always so.

2010
I saw my first sightings of the Purple Martins today. Not sure if it's their first day to return or not. I have been quite sick with this allergy induced,head,and chest cold.I haven't felt like birdwatching like we usually do, this time of the year.My neighbor/friend says his has been returning for a few days now, so it's possible,mine have been,too.Seeing them on the gourds today,does not necessisarily mean they are here to stay for the season though. We've had them to come and go for several days, building up our hopes of them staying,only to have them leave and not return for the entire season.We'll keep watching,but I was so in hopes of many more returning this year,than last.My little pond is still not ready, but there is water across the road in a neighbor's pasture field.I will update their progress as it unfolds during the season.

3 comments:

  1. We have tried to attract the Martins, but I don't think we have a close enough water source to do so. Good luck with your Martins!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you feel better soon and maybe your birds is checking out a new home, my blue bird has may a new home in the bird house we put up. I like watching the birds and they sure are big eater, i have to fill the bird feeder every day. Feel better and have a good day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you feel better soon Sue.
    Did you get your package yet? It should have arrived by now.

    ReplyDelete