Monday, October 26, 2009

Early to Bed, Early to Rise!

You know the saying, but I don't see any improvement on either of the three counts, healthy, wealthy, or wise, but I am a bit sleepy. After a long hard two days and one night with the grandkids, several more hours of company, and wrestling with the goats, building them a winter shelter, I went to bed at 8:30. That was early for me. Then, guess what! I was wide awake at 2:00 AM. Not that I couldn't find plenty to do. I just had to do it quietly. Organization is one of my weaknesses, but I was at it again. I can organize until the cows come home, and I'm no better off than when I began. The only thing I've accomplished is having moved everything around so, that I am an eternity finding anything ever again. I love doing so many different things, I have endless supplies of whatever I should need, no matter which craft I choose to do at any given moment. One of the daughters says I collect everything except stamps.I didn't dare tell her, but I had a few of those, too. I did purchase a sheet of Elvis Presley stamps. Nonetheless, I caught an extra hour of sleep before the husband awoke, so I'm good to go. The weatherman is calling for more rain, but hopefully, today will be warm and dry where I can start mulching my leaves. I was never one to burn leaves. It would be a crime for a gardener to do that. I mulch them for the compost pile or the chicken pen, and now the goat pen. They make wonderful bedding, and the chickens will turn them into compost for me. Saves me all that turning.Just wanted to write a quick note before I exit the house for the day. Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment