Friday, October 23, 2009

My New Shelves


It's 9:00 pm and I am just finishing up for the night. Tonight was our regular Auction Night, but I chose to stay home and finish the shelves I started this morning. I have been asking for some more shelving for months, so I decided to take matters into my own hands and build them myself. I am so proud of them. I used whatever lumber I could find lying around the farm. I have access to lots of tools, so there was no reason why I could not do it. I come from a long line of do-it-yourself women. I probably have enough canned goods to fill them tonight, if the paint were dry, but I guess that will be another days venture.

P.S. My husband just came in and asked me if I planned to tell how he helped. I must admit. I had all the boards collected, measured and cut when he arrived home. I was in the process of putting all the pieces together. He did help me assemble the uprights and the 1st 4 shelves. I gathered up some more used lumber that I had hide away for safekeeping and cut 4 more shelves while he went to the Auction . I spent the rest of the evening painting the entire set of shelves. I may add another section later, if these do not hold all my canned goods.

No comments:

Post a Comment