Monday, July 5, 2010

How May Times Have I Posted on This Topic?: A Woman's Work Is Never Done


We had my brother Terry Lee and his new family over for lunch yesterday. I fixed a really nice meal. I thought it was anyway.I hope they did. I had Venison Meat loaf,cornbread and cabbage, stewed tomatoes,a fettuccine salad,cut off the cob-corn from the freezer,baked beans,mashed potatoes with sour cream and chives,sliced cucumbers and onions in a vinegar and salt solution,and Iced tea.I don't think I missed anything. I didn't have time to bake the cake I had planned on. We had a good visit.We had other company to drop in, too, while Terry's family was here.It gets hectic at times,juggling all the company, but we usually get through it. After they all left, Pop cleaned some corn he had picked from our good friend's patch.Then,of course, it was my job to get it cut off, cooked, and in the freezer,asap. I think I dropped into bed about midnight,and I did sleep good.It's ridiculous to have to get so tired to get a decent night's sleep, but I did for once.

No comments:

Post a Comment