Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Ladybug or Asian Beetle?


Thanks, Farmchick, for giving me a reason to use this picture of the ladybugs. It is from a roll of border which I ran across lately, and was hoping to use it on my blog. As I said in a previous post, I miss assembling the little bulletin boards that I used in my job as cafeteria manager.Now, using similar ideas with my blog,gives me the same satisfaction.Since you spoke of the ladybugs, I thought some folks might like to know that those pesty little lookalike bugs, that are so worrisome at times,with their coming indoors,are not the same.I found this youtube piece on the other bugs(Asian beetles).
For the last several years, we have been inundated with the Asian Beetle,which looks a lot like the ladybug,with the exception of it's color.The ladybug is red with black dots. The other is a dull brownish orange color,with black dots. I understand they are both good bugs,since they both feast on aphids, but the Asian Beetle can be a nuisance at times. If your house is not airtight,they will get in.And like the video says,Do not smash them. They smell horrible.I have a couple of sheds where I store lots of things that are not needed at the moment, and they get in there,by the thousands.You can find a lot of them sandwiched between cardboard boxes.They love snuggling up in close places,like in your walls.I guess I should be thankful they are Asian Beetles,and not  bedbugs or roaches.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bT60L6Qfvs

No comments:

Post a Comment