Thursday, November 19, 2009

As I read "down---to---earth's" Just Do It








There is so much that I want to try after reading one of the blogs entitled,"down--to--earth". I am sure that is her intent. Just today, I stumbled across one of her topics,"Just Do It".It read like a self help book, which I am no stranger to. It really does help you to read all that she has done and is still doing. I think I read in one of her posts that she was a retired teacher. You can tell. She teaches you without you ever knowing she is doing so. That is a gift. Her plan is to get others interested in taking control of their lives. In my opinion, I think she is saying,"Don't sit there and expect life to fall in your lap. Just do it."My sentiments exactly.We must be around the same age. I think some of the wisdom I possess came with maturity.I like that word better than age. Don't just sit around wishing your life could be different. Do something about changing it, if it is not to your satisfaction.I hear it everyday. "Oh me,poor pitiful me."That kind of attitude will only get you to an early grave. There are so many possibilities in this world, everyone should be able to find something that satisfies them.Try them all. You will stumble across something that "strikes your fancy", then run with it. There are so many things that I have tried in my lifetime. And there are so many of them that I continue to do. I'll admit. I do have a lot of unfinished projects, but I eventually get back to them. I just put them up on a shelf when I get bored with that particular project, and go on to another.Even if I don't get back to it for 5 years, I will have a renewed interest in it, when I do. It will seem like a new project once again.Some projects 'strike a chord' with me, and I will continue them on through the entire winter. That's when I know I have found something I really like.A project that I am not interested in today, may sit well with me another day.I am that way with cooking. I did it for a job and loved it, but now that I have the freedom to do other things, I cook very little. I worked on a cozy for my sewing machine today. I found that idea in one of the blogs I had been reading. I had a small quilt of sorts, that I did not know what to do with, and when I read about the cozy, I decided that was what it would be.When I tired of that earlier today, I decided to get inside my freezer and use up some of the items that needed to be moved.I pulled out some venison, some ground beef, some sausage and some Italian turkey links. I am a great one for experimenting. I went to my old stand by,cooks.com , and found a basic recipe for meatloaf. I've never been able to get it just right. I made a double batch following the recipe fairly close, other than the meat, and it wasn't so bad. We had meatloaf sandwiches for lunch and there is plenty left to nibble on tonight and tomorrow. I have enjoyed both my ventures today. Only next time I make the meatloaf, I plan to leave out the sausage. Other than that, it went over well with Pop. He is picky about his meatloaf. Now I will have to rush out and let my goats graze awhile and feed the chickens and dogs before it gets too dark.
I have posted pictures of both my meatloaf and my cozy. I didn't put ties on my cozy, like the one pictured in the blog I read. This way it can double as a spread or whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment