Sunday, November 29, 2009

My Little Rag Rugs

Here are a couple of pictures of some of my rag rugs. One or two winters ago, I undertook to make a little rag rug, by tearing narrow strips of fabric. Mostly clothing or sheets that were no longer needed. I rarely ever buy new fabric for my crafts. I feel that is my purpose for doing the crafts. To make use of anything that is no longer usable in it's present form. I got started making the little rugs and got carried away. I think I made about 20 of them that winter. I gave most of them away to family and friends, but kept a couple for myself. I can always make more if I decide I need more.
There is something about the little rugs that brings me peace and contentment. I guess it is the thought, more or less, of the day when folks use to make them back in earlier days when times were much more simple. I can just imagine how it would have been to lived back then. I'm sure it would not have been as wonderful as we imagine. It only seem so now, because we have lived through the fast pace times in which we have.
Just thought I would write about the rugs since I ran across the pictures this evening while removing a lot of pictures from my hard drive to discs. A lot of reminiscing going on here tonight. Until my next post,Happy Reading!

6 comments:

  1. Sis..Those are so cute...I would love to know how to make them...Wanna teach me??

    ReplyDelete
  2. morning sue , I used to make rag basket like that, the rag rugs are cute, A person I work with at the quilt shop has a big loom and she would do the rag rugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I can teach you, Mary. Unless you are left handed. I tried to teach a little girl next door, and she just couldn't do what I was showing her. A few weeks later she dropped by again, and for some reason, I noticed she was left handed. I told her then,that was the reason she could not do what I was showing her with the crocheting. I was trying to show her from the right handed view, and she was left handed. No wonder she couldn't do it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. To Connie and Mary,Thanks to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I called Bev over to see these and she remembers them from when she was there for a visit. She loves them too and wants to learn to make some also.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's great.I love to teach young people to do all types of crafts. If you learn to do some of these things, and find something that you really enjoy, you will never be bored.I try to carry some type of craft with me at all times.I can go to my truck right this moment and find a half dozen crafts to choose from.I keep a supply of projects on hand at all times.You never know when you are in a situation where you'll be bored.Being bored to me is being miserable, and I don't ever plan to be bored.

    ReplyDelete